Athens one of the most inspired and spiritual cities of the world. Magic and creative of all its architecture. A wonderful experience you will never forget. We offer you this overwhelming opportunity to visit all these sites with just one click. Give yourself a chance to see all the basic monuments that have inspired poets authors, and get a sense of how architecture can live throughout the ages . Visit the cradle of divinity the Acropolis and all the other well known monuments of Athens. Become part of a Semi Private Shared Shore Excursions in Athens and enjoy your tour in a luxurious Mercedes Benz Mini Bus, able to accommodate a small group.
- Primary aspects of the tour:
- A well organized 8 hour private tour
- A knowledgeable and informative fluent English speaking guide.
- A pickup from the Dock and drop-off after the tour is over.
- Detailed description of what you will see.
- Give you the chance to try out Traditional Greek cuisine with wine or traditional sweets at real tradition Tavernas.
- Leisure walk in scenic Plaka. That will make you feel serenity and relaxation.
Detailed portraiture of the accompanied shore excursion in Athens.
Once your cruise ship arrives at the port of Pireaus our driver and a licenced tour guide will be waiting to accompany you. As a note I would also like to mention that Pireaus is considered as one of the prodigious ports of Greece.
Our tour will begin at one of the most popular monuments of in the World, The Acropolis. There, you will see a variety of gems that were constructed during the Golden Age of Pericles. The Parthenon, the Propylaea, The Temple of Athena Nike, the Erechtheion, The Caryatids, The Herodion theater, the ruins of the Theater of Dionysus, and Areopagus ( Mars Hill). Our licensed tour guide will offer you an elaborate and meticulous tour accompanied always by your designated driver.
Next stop , you will visit the Temple of Olympian Zeus and the Panathenaic Stadium, also familiar as the Kallimarmaro Stadium. Where the first modern Olympic Games took place in 1896 in Athens. Your tour guide will be giving you more detailed information you about the history of the site. After that we will drive you on to the best Verandas in Athens the Lyccabetus Hill which is one of the highest points of Athens where you will have the chance to take pictures and live a breathtaking experience from above as if you have the ability to touch the sky??
Visit the Old Palace, the Academy, the National Library and the First University of Athens, where you will take photos and learn more about history of Athens. After that we will take you to the Tomb of The Unknown Soldier and The Changing of The Guards which in fact is like a ceremony when the guards change in front of the Greek Parliament. The ancient Greek Agora, in other words the center of the most vigorous economical and divine life of the ancient Greek city-state will be our next stop.
A stroll at the scenic passageways of the Plaka and some leisure time to taste the exquisite traditional Greek cuisine. After your lunch we will visit the New Acropolis Museum *. The New Acropolis Museum is certified as one of the most remarkable museums of the World where you will see a vast collection of antiquities and carved sculptures that were exhumed from the Acropolis.
Small groups – Book on time. Limited availability!
Price: 60.00€ per person
Number of participants per group:
- Each Mini Bus and Group will have it’s own driver and English speaking licensed tour guide.
- Minimum number of people (10 guests). If there is not enough people participating (minimum 10 guests) then you will be notified 15 -20 days before the tour so you can book a private tour at a special price, or you can find other tour mates while on ship and form a small group, and if you do not want to do that, then we will receive full refund.
- If we DO NOT notify you after you made your booking then it means that the tour will take place as initially planned.
Meeting Point & Time
- Please follow the instructions indicated on your voucher. In case of not being able to find the driver or Guide , please contact the emergency numbers that appears on your voucher.
- Collections from cruise ship terminals are agreed to, and will take place at the time indicated on the voucher.
- Maximum waiting time will be twenty (20) minutes after the time mentioned on the voucher or the agreed time. If you miss the minibus please contact the emergency numbers so as to give you directions on how you will meet the group in the city center. You will have to pay the transportation expenses on your own to the city center of Athens.
What is included in the price
- Pick up / drop off from your cruise ship Terminal (pier)
- A new Mercedes-Benz minibus fully air conditioned
- An experienced professional driver
- An Official licensed English speaking tour guide, who will guide you inside the archaeological sites and museum
What is not included in the price
- Entrance fees per person: 12 Euros in total for all the archaeological sites in Athens (Acropolis, Greek Agora, Theatre of Dionysos, Kerameikos, Temple of Zeus, Roman Agora, Tower of Winds), and 5 Euros for the New Acropolis Museum or 7 Euros for The National Archaeological Museum.
- Children under the age of eighteen (18) do not pay entrance fees.
- Lunch in Plaka is optional
- Everything that is not included in the “What is included in the price”
Shared tours cancellation policy
- Shared tour bookings canceled up to 15 days prior to the agreed date and time receive a full refund.
- 100% cancellation fees apply for any tour bookings canceled within the last 15 days prior to the arrival date.
- Of course, if for any unforeseen reason the ship does not dock at the port, then there will be a full refund.
- All alterations or cancellations should be made via e-mail to Michael’s Greek Tours. Visiting the Acropolis museum will give you a grasp of another era and that will make you feel like you are part of the Ancient Greek civilization.